Officer & Staff Contact Information
|Jim Horne, Holly Robinson, Jeff Germano
|Capt. Jeremy Nielsen
|Capt. Dustin Johnson
|Mailing Address||13225 N. Columbia Blvd.
Portland OR 97203
To order a pilot, please call 503-289-9922 or submit an request.
The Columbia River Pilots provide service seven (7) days a week, 365 days a year. Orders for a Pilot should be placed via phone between 0700-1600 hours.
Refer to the Vessel Movement Guidelines for additional information.
For Inbound Vessels:
- We request four (4) days notice for Arriving Vessels.
- The following information should be provided:
ETA, Arrival Drafts (fore and aft), Tentative Berth(s) Schedule, Docking Instructions, Bunkering or other Anchorage Requirements, Nominated Tug Company, ETD, and Anticipated Sailing Drafts.
- All vessels and/or steamship agents must keep this office informed of any change in ETA.
- Vessels are required to provide a 24-hour notice of arrival at the CR buoy to the Columbia River Bar Pilots by phone or email.
For Outbound Vessels & Harbor Moves:
- All orders for sailing or harbor moves must be placed between 0700-1600 hours.
- Sailings or harbor moves in the Ports of Portland, Vancouver, Kalama & Longview require three (3) hours notice.
- Sailings or harbor moves for all Ports below Longview require three (3) hours notice.
- Any sailing or harbor move occurring from 1900 through 0900 the next day is an After Hours job.
- Orders for After Hours Job must be placed with our Dispatch no later than 1600 as either a “Set Job” or “Call Job”.
- A “Set Job” is used for definite sailing/shifting times. The Pilot will report at designated time with no additional notifications required. A Report Charge will be billed if pilot arrives and job cancels.
- A “Call Job” is used for tentative sailing/shifting times after Dispatch Hours. A Pilot will not report until the job is set. There is no charge for canceling a call job. To set a Call Job, call the Merchant’s Exchange at 503-228-4361 or VHF Channel 16, call sign WHW656, with the appropriate three (3) hour notice.