The Supervisor for the St. John’s RR Bridge has informed us they will not/should not refuse to open the bridge for us when requested due to high temperatures.  The issue is not whether the bridge will lift, it’s whether they can lower it afterwards.

We were advised that if you’re ever told they cannot or will not open the bridge, let Dan or Jim know so they can contact the supervisor.  USCG has ordered them (since 2015) to open when requested for river traffic and not to cause delays.