In an effort to keep ship’s crews and pilots safe and healthy, the Columbia River Bar Pilots and Columbia River Pilots have the following requests:
Before the pilot boards the ship:
- Notify the pilot dispatcher if anyone is sick on board or experiencing any of the symptoms that could be related to COVID-19.
- Sanitize all surfaces on in the bridge – especially radars, radios, consoles, countertops and handrails.
When the pilot is aboard:
- Hand sanitizer should be easily available.
- Everyone entering the bridge should immediately sanitize their hands.
- Limit personnel on the bridge to those required for the safe navigation of the vessel.
- To the extent practical, keep the bridge cool and well ventilated. Consider keeping a door open.
Thank you for adhering to these precautions.